Get Your Cloud Computing Services Up And Running In Minutes With Piston Cloud
Introduction to Piston Cloud
There has been a lot of news and gossip surrounding OpenStack as Rackspace and Redhat have released the OpenStack distros within the last week.
Recently Piston Cloud, a startup aimed to provide enterprise-grade cloud computing solutions, also offered a trial version of its Piston Cloud called “Airframe”. According to the company the Piston Cloud services are full fledge services. It is easy to install and have Piston Cloud up and running in a matter of minutes. The company also indicates that Piston cloud is the easiest way to deploy a cloud.
Developers of Piston Cloud
Piston Cloud is developed by the developers who are the core members of the open source project, OpenStack. The developers jumped into the market by building a distribution base on the OpenStack. Besides additional features, Piston Cloud also provides all the core functionalities of the OpenStack.
Piston Cloud Features
There are several excellent features:
- It is more stable than other OpenStack installers. If it is deployed on multiple servers and a single server crashes then it won’t effect the performance and working of the cloud, therefore, making Piston Cloud accountable and flexible.
- Piston Cloud is very easy to install. It takes less than 10 minutes to deploy it.
- GUI is available to moderate the cloud.
- Piston Cloud is a very secure cloud environment. The cloud is on a custom built Linux distribution which takes care of issues regarding security while giving you the full benefits of all the cloud services. It comes with CloudAudit framework, a framework developed to audit logs and policy documents. It also receives regular updates to ensure security from the latest threats.
- It comes with HA – High Availability. High Availability plays a vital role in cloud computing solutions. Those who purchase cloud computing services need the services to be available for them for their working hours, therefore, cloud services should be optimized for high availability. Piston enterprise cloud is developed so as to intelligently and dynamically distribute workloads among computing, storing and networking units.
Airframe, the trial version of the Piston Enterprise Cloud, will be available for download free of cost from airframe.pistoncloud.com.
By Omar Tariq